Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Waka Waka This time for Africa Shakira īs song    

Waka Waka This time for Africa Shakira īs song

Chilvis
Argentina

Waka Waka This time for Africa Shakira īs song

Hi everybody, I was planning to use a worksheet I found here to complete Shakira īs world cup song and I realized there are some interesting not english phrases.

I īve been reading some articles on the internet about what they mean: waka waka, Tsamina mina, zangalewa...

I found that these words come from a Cameroonian dialect and were used in a famous african song that was also famous in Colombia and that īs why Shakira chose it.

Now I want to ask what you know about this?
Are you from South Africa, Colombia or any other country where this song is famous? What can you tell me? Is it true that it was sung by soldiers?

Thanks in advance Wink

13 Jun 2010      

renko6
Poland

Hi,
here you can find many interesting facts about this song

http://www.e-forwards.com/2010/05/zamina-mina-zangalewa-translation-meaning-and-lyrics/

13 Jun 2010     

kmochniak
Poland

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=20117

look at this thread,it may help you:)

13 Jun 2010     

Urpi
Peru

Yes I remember it was a famous merengue song. "Las chicas del can" sang that song in the 80 īs. Which became very popular in those years, very catchy here in Per�.

13 Jun 2010     

Chilvis
Argentina

Thanks for your answers. I had read some of these pages but I wanted to check what you knew, especially people from Africa.

Thanks, have a nice weekend!Tongue

13 Jun 2010