Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Last Day Feedback Lesson Idea    

Last Day Feedback Lesson Idea

peterethio
Australia

Last Day Feedback Lesson Idea

A while ago someone posted for ideas to do on the last day. Here is something that I have found very useful in teaching students of all ages, a feedback session.

Get the students to sit in a circle where there is deliberately no head or tail. If there is a break where the teacher �s chair is �supposed � to go, I take a seat at the side.

Once the seating is organised, I talk to the students about their achievements and improvements throughout the year; the projects, personal achievements, excursions and any other things that we have experienced as a class.

After giving an interactive summation of the year, I ask the students to �teach me � about what they liked the most and about the way they were taught. The following questions may be useful for this (allow each student to answer one question then pose the next):

* What did you like most this year?
* What do you think could have been improved, and how could it have been improved?
* What do you think you �ll remember from this year in a months time?
* If you could change anything from this year what would it be?
* What did you do well this year and where do you need to improve?

This sort of feedback is not only a nice way to end the year but it gives the teacher invaluable feedback which allows for improvements, that is, assuming it is an appropriate class !!!

13 Jun 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

I did something like this and it really is great. I once even did it as a written survey and it turned out great because they even asked me to read them all aloud afterwards. Sts love it when we aks for their opinion.

13 Jun 2010     

teresapr
Portugal

http://www.lessonplanspage.com/EndSchool.htm
Hope these sites may inspire you!Have a nice day!

13 Jun 2010