Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > looking for a listening    

looking for a listening

ELOJOLIE274
France

looking for a listening

Hi,
i want to do a lesson plan around the world cup (in september) and i �m looking for a very specific oral document: a soundtrack where you could hear the summary of the match England-US (things like "at the 37th minute X scored..."). the lesson plan would involve commenting a football match, in the past, and conveying emotions with your voice to express joy/frustration... so it would be great if i had a US commentator and an English one (so maybe 2 listenings...)
i �ve looked on google, but i haven �t found anything suitable (if it �s too long or too complicated it �s okay!)
could you help me?
thanks a lot!
Elodie

14 Jun 2010      

boydegg
Thailand

I wonder if you could find what you want on youtube and just record the audio

... or play the youtube clip in class with the volume loud, but the screen hidden from students.

Brian

14 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

i could do that, and if anyone knows a video i could use, please let me know. but for the moment i haven �t found anything except extracts of the football match showing key moments: what i �m looking for is a commentary of the whole match...
thanks!

14 Jun 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

Hello :)

Check under the FIFA World Cup
So far there are two audio files.

I �m wondering if that �s what you �re looking for. 

14 Jun 2010     

melise
France

Hi !
I �m not sure this is what you want but check your email (the first file might do)

14 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

thank you atsanti85 for the link and melise for your email!!!
both will be very useful ;)
take care!

14 Jun 2010