Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Why comments are useful!!!!    

Why comments are useful!!!!

Faurfab
France

Why comments are useful!!!!

I made a crossword a few days ago about Food and Drinks! Quite a few people downloaded it but only 5 left a message.
 Yesterday I realized I had made a mistake so I updated it and I have just  sent a message to the five people who left a comment to tell them about it . I will send them (free) the new version!
So sorry for the others but just two kind words can be useful!
Have a nice day!
Fabienne

16 Jun 2010      

magneto
Greece

Good point, FabienneWink

16 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

yes I agree with you and magneto!
and it �s so nice to see the flags of the people who left comments... that �s my favourite thing about comments: looking at the flag and thinking that some pupils in Greece/Spain/Argentina... might work on documents I used with my pupils...
take care

16 Jun 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

I wholeheartedly agree, Elodie and Fabienne!

This quote is quite cool:
"The six most important words: I admit I made a mistake. The five most important words: You did a good job. The four most important words: What is YOUR opinion? The three most important words: If you please. The two most important words: Thank You. The one most important word: We. The least important word: I." ~ Unknown

And this one, well it �s just beautiful....

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." - Marcel Proust

Have a lovely day!

La Colibrita

16 Jun 2010     

yolprica
Spain

We talk about this question from time to time and very few people are really grateful for all the work other people do for us. For some of us recognition is more important than any other thing and we should help to keep people motivated.
Hugs from Spain
Yolanda

16 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

hear hear - I soooooooooo agree!!!

16 Jun 2010     

tomywad
Taiwan

Hi!
After reading this I want to go back to the pages I downloaded and say thanks to them, but I don �t know how to find the worksheets? is there a button i can click because in my profile there doesn �t seem to be one!
thanks in advance!

16 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

tomywad,
i �ll give you a tip someone else on eslp gave me a few months ago:
when saving a ws, change the name like that <name_of_file_author.doc>. for example if i downloaded your ws "codebreaker" it would be named    codebreaker_tomywad.doc   on my computer!
So if you don �t have time to leave a comment, you can go back easily to the page of the ws by searching for it!!! + if you like this author �s ws and you don �t have time to look at new contributions every single day, you can look at your favorite authors � newest contributions once a week (when you �ll have more points of course!!!)

take care!!!
Elodie

16 Jun 2010     

Errie
Japan

I always leave a thank you when I download a worksheet but I don �t expect others to do so. I also don �t care how many times my worksheets have been download. It �s all about sharing in my humble opinion.

17 Jun 2010