Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Asking Questions    

Asking Questions

Devitsa
Russian Federation

Asking Questions

Dear friends,

Can you help me? How many questions can I ask to this sentence? < Consumers try to spend their income in ways that give them as much pleasure as possible.

Thanks in advance.

18 Jun 2010      

falafel
Tunisia

Hi Devitsa. I think that you can ask many questions:
1.Consumers try to spend their income in ways that give them as much pleasure as possible.:Who try to ....?
2.Consumers try to spend their income in ways that give them as much pleasure as possible.
What do consumers try to do?
3.Consumers try to spend their income in ways that give them as much pleasure as possible.
How do consumers try to spend their income?
4.Consumers try to spend their income in ways that give them as much pleasure as possible.
Which way do consumers try to spend their income?
I hope that it �s helpful. Have a nice day.

18 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Consumers try to spend their income in ways that give them as much pleasure as possible.
1. Do consumers try to spend their income in ways...? (yes-no question)
2. WHO tries to spend their income in ways that give them as much pleasure as possible? (it has to be TRIES, because who always matches 3rd person sg in questions)
2. WHAT do consumers do with their income?
3. WHAT do consumers spend in ways that give them as much pleasure as possible?
4. HOW do consumers spend their income?
5. IN WHAT WAY  do consumers spend their income?
6. WHAT gives consumers pleasure?

18 Jun 2010     

falafel
Tunisia

I think that who should be used with try because the subject here is "consumers " and it �s plural as you can notice. This question means who are the people that try to spend their ...?
Then , there is the use of "their" which makes you use a plural subject not a singular one. I hope that this is helpful. 

18 Jun 2010