Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Trying to hide it, huh?    

Trying to hide it, huh?

blunderbuster
Germany

Trying to hide it, huh?

I don �t think it is okay if people who are members here use their comments to advertise their own platform. Even if it is somewhere hidden in the bushes.

Broken Heart

20 Jun 2010      

sulekra
Australia

I have to agree. I noticed the same thing on one of my worksheets and didn �t think it was too honest, and it opens the way up for all sorts of other advertising... Is this issue covered in the terms of use or not?

20 Jun 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Blunderbuster
Glad you post your comment right on time. I was about to post here a link to my blog; some people here know it, I pmed several people, and some of them are asking/suggesting that I should make my work available  to all of you.
 I have always said that I was afraid of your reactions.

Let me say that I have ever said that if someone posts  a link to a blog/web where he/she doesn �t earn anything, for me,  that is sharing.
Many works we have, they can �t be shared here - we can only share .docs, ppt and on-line. What about all the other materials we have and we think they are worth?

Let me tell you one thing - when someone posts a link to a blog or web that is, mainly, for sure, that is because that fellow thinks someone may find something useful.
But, because I know there are many people around here who are always thinking about points, there are some who are really jealous, there many who simply don �t understand, that �s why I never shared my work, but only with a few people I know, I trust, I feel  they understand me when I send them a link, privately, to show them my work and... if they find something useful they can take it for free and me..., well I don �t get any points at all.

Why are you co worried about others � blogs?

Difficult for me to understand some people �s point.

Have a nice Sunday
Linda

20 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Olinda, that is not the same thing.

I think what is happening here is an attempt to get a free ride on someone else �s tail, it was Victor who started this (sharing ESL materials on a large scale), okay, some other (new) sites have picked up on suggestions that he never wanted to implement, but still.

Pulling stuff apart doesn �t make things better.

20 Jun 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi again

Sorry, may be I didn �t understand what you are talking about, for me your answer is completely meaningless - What did Victor start? What have other sites picked? What has he never wanted to implement?
I don �t know what you are talking about - one thing I understand, if someone has some material which can be useful it "could" be shared here, why not? I never read anything about it, written by Victor.

sorry, probably, may be, we are speaking about different things and it seems to me I don �t have the correct feedback /background.
Linda

20 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Linda,
If your intentions are good, it doesn �t mean other people act this way too. 
Fortunately, my husb �s business is related to internet and this kind of stuff and I have an idea about how things go. There are people who have blogs and sites and they earn nothing but experience and friends( your case  , Vanda �s etc) BUT there are some people who can earn money from having blogs and sites. How come? Well.....if they have a great traffic (meaning that many people visit the blog or the site daily) they can take ads and commercials on their blogs, they are paid to post them by the providers. A well-visited site/blog means many people who can see the ads/ commercials, people click the commercial or simply know about its existence. It �s all about selling and being known!! It �s the advertisement �s world. 
An ad to visit someone �s site can be harmless and inoffensive or it can have a hidden purpose. People here have the option to add the blog near the contact e-mail, under the flag. Maybe it �s enough. 

PS. Victor can create a USEFUL LINKS category here. Or PARTNERS. Here we can add our sites and blogs.

20 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Check the link I provided above and go to the website mentioned there.

Dona, it might be good to focus on the matter at hand.

20 Jun 2010     

baiba
Latvia

I fully agree with Linda, and I am always happy to find out some new link to a website or a blog.

If we share the links to the sites which were not made by the members of Eslprintables, it is ok. As soon as the site creator is one of us, we get indignant. I don �t get it!

20 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

CHECK THE LINK! YES, I AM SHOUTING!

20 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

I think it �s about "stealing" members! And.....maybe a kind of contest between the owners of the sites: who �s got the biggest number of members. 

Anyway...don �t get me wrong. I am not against it. In my previous post I �ve just explained how some blogs work. Not one blog in particular. 

20 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Are we talking about blogs? The only one who really picked up on the subject matter was sulekra.

Register change -----zzzzing:

It would be highly appreciated if you refrained from hijacking or distorting this thread.

20 Jun 2010     

1    2    3    Next >