Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > injust supervisor    

injust supervisor

GIOVANNI
Canada

Sometimes life is trying and we have to put up with injustices. 
Adel, you know who and what you are, don �t let anyone make you think different.
The results are there, your students love and respect you, and that is all that is important.
Ignore your supervisor �s personal opinion of you, and don �t give him the satisfaction of knowing that it is affecting you.    You know your own worth, so hold your head up high and keep giving your students exactly what they need, your expertise. 

21 Jun 2010     

arito
Mexico

Dear Adel, not only supervisors can hate a teacher like you, in my own case I �ve had many problems with my colleagues because, as you do, I love my students and I always try to do more than the school programs.�
�My partners don�t like a colleague who works harder than them. �I don �t care, I love teaching and I love doing what I do, but sometimes I feel some depress too.�
Don �t worry dear Adel, I �m sure all your students appreciate your work and your effort, and your supervisor is a worm! (I �m sorry).�
I send you my best wishes and never, never give up!

21 Jun 2010     

puddyd
Oman

It is such a frustrating problem and one I think most of us at some time in our lives have had to bear. The best advice I was once given was "Do not give it power!", because when you do -he becomes the winner in the situation (which is what he wants) and you the loser. I too have been there not with a supervisor but a colleague and it �s so awful being energised by your students only to have that good positive energy sapped from you in the staffroom/office.
I think it �s a matter of �Jealousy makes you nasty � , so don �t give up for the sake of your students and my students taught me this Arabic saying and I love it because it sounds so nice to say - I �ll write it phonetically - Kamma to deen to daan - which simpley means  what goes around comes around and his day will come.
Good luck and best wishes ;o)

21 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2