Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How can I change a background half way thru the document    

How can I change a background half way thru the document

MarionG
Netherlands

How can I change a background half way thru the document

I have a technical question.
Yesterday I made a game consisting of two sets of cards. ( a kind of truth or dare) I wanted each set to have a different background color. I made the first set of cards (text boxes set in the same color background for easy and fast cutting) and when I wanted to make the second set I wanted to change the background color for the new set. Everytime I set the background to a different color, the entire document changes color, also the previous set...I messed around with it for a long time. The only solution I found was to create a colored textbox over the entire -already colored - background but that doesn �t work well in printing since suddenly lines of the original background showed up and it also is a hassle with defining �in front  of � and �behind � new textboxes etc.
I couldn �t find a way to change the background only from a certain point on. In the end I had to make two different documents, each with its own background.
Does anyone know how you can change the background color in the middle of a document (for only part of the pages?) Is it possible at all?
I would be most gratefull...

23 Jun 2010      

serene
Greece

Hi Marion! If you had grouped the textboxes together, you have to ungroup them first before changing the background colour.
Hope it helps.

23 Jun 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi Marion,

I don �t think it is possible to change the background in the middle of a doc.  I also insert a shape and then place it behind the text boxes.

If there is a way, I would also like to know.
Kind Regards,
Joey

23 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

no, it cant be done. even if you insert a chapter break the change gos to the whole document

sorry.

23 Jun 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

You can change it by inserting a PAGE BREAK at the end of the page and then your next page can be formatted the way you want, different colours and all :-) I have done it, but not recently otherwise I would have written a step by step guide for you.
Fiddle around with the tools that  insert the page break options!

23 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

I tried doing it with page breaks and all the options dont work, maybe it works with ann older version but not with Word 2007

23 Jun 2010