Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sad news    

Sad news

blunderbuster
Germany

No doubt that this is very sad news.
Please do not forget about the conductor.

24 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

God be with them.
BUT.....as a driver and a person who sees everyday how human beings act in different circumstances I must say some of us just do not think about consequences. I hope I �ll live the day someone will write a headline as :" Think twice before drinking and crossing the railways" or " The  underground passageway has a certain PURPOSE" (there was one- they didn �t use it) or" Acting as a flock has its disadvantages". 
As Blunderbuster said (I have to agree - at least once) I do care about the conductor as he has to face this tragedy all his life. What �s his fault? Doing his job - sober and ethically? 
This must be a lesson for us and for our kids: tragedies happen from our fault sometimes.  
There is Don�t drink and drive. I would say Don�t drink and walk. Or....think and drive and think and walk. 
Just MHO.

24 Jun 2010     

falafel
Tunisia

Sorry to hear that.My deepest condolences

24 Jun 2010     

serene
Greece

I �m so sorry to hear about this tragic accident! My deepest sympathy to the families of the people who lost their lives!

24 Jun 2010     

teresapr
Portugal

I �m so sorry!My deepest condolences !My heart goes out to all those families!

24 Jun 2010     

Zora
Canada

Wow, I just read the article... and I have to say that while it was indeed a very big tragedy, I also have to agree with Dona and Blunderbuster. Alcohol, kids and train tracks do not mix and I can only imagine what the poor conductor must be feeling right now...

Parents need to teach their children about these dangers - or people in general need to be aware of these dangers. Maybe it�s because I grew up on the prairies where passenger and freight trains were a common sight - we knew about the dangers. We were taught to respect trains and not to fool around around them. Did you know a train could pull a person under as it goes by if its going fast enough??

http://www.trackoff.org/Dangers.aspx

24 Jun 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

True. It �s called the air wave if I �m not mistaken.

24 Jun 2010     

Mariethe House
France

My deepest condolences to the families too!

I agree with you Donapeter and zora but When you are a mother of a teenager, no matter what you say, no matter how much you do to make them aware of dangers they just love taking risks at this age and as a mother my attitude was whenever he went out with his "gang": "I hope everything will be  alright" and I just prayed he loved life enough not to go beyond the barrier! Now he has become a very responsible person and is the father of a precious 31/2 year old little girl and I know he has learnt the lesson and knows the price of life ! Thank God!
Lots of love to all the parents and children on this site!!

24 Jun 2010     

imanito
Morocco

I am so sorry to hear that. May God bless them

my thoughts and prayers with the families for their tragic loss.
and my condolences go to Spain too.

24 Jun 2010     

mena22
Portugal

It �s a tragedy. I feel deeply sorry for them and their families. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

24 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >