Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help!    

Help!

ELOJOLIE274
France

Help!

Hi,
i �ve been trying to download wss for the recent contributions this morning - as I usually do.... - and it doesn �t work!!!
i �m using mozilla, and when i click on download, the window where I have to choose btw SAVE and OPEN opens as usual, but when I click on SAVE, nothing happens... and if I click on OPEN it says that an error occured and that I have to click on SAVE!!!

do you happen to know what �s wrong??? it �s the first time something like that happened to me, and i �ve got no idea on how to solve this problem...

thanks for your help!!!

Elodie

p.s.: i tried to download various wss, and none of them worked...
EDIT: it works fine with internet explorer, i can download and save on my computer, but i prefer using mozilla... do you know what´s wrong?

26 Jun 2010      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

May be you just did what I did: I typed the question mark in the name of the document. Well you can �t have a "?" in the name of the document. Name the doc without it. Then check your "My documents" it should be there. 
Sophia

26 Jun 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I just used mozila . It worked fine for me. Have you checked the bottom pannel for downloads, then opened the doc?

26 Jun 2010     

Zora
Canada

Hi there Elodie,

Have tried updating Mozilla? Sometimes mine does strange things when it�s not updated, or if I were you, maybe just turn off the computer and then turn it back on again since it could be a glitch... Then if that doesn �t work - kick it hard a few times!! LOL Just kidding...

26 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
zora: if i �m not mistaken, i updated mozilla 3 or 4 days ago... i �ll try to update it again, thanks for the tip!
ueslteacher: i couldn �t even type the name of the document, because when i click on save nothing happens... so i �m pretty sure there �s nothing on my computer! and when i click on open it saves the document in the "temp" folder but i can �t open it afterwards because it says an error occured when i saved it... but thanks anyway!
i �ll use internet explorer today and check tomorrow if it works... the thing is, i don �t understand what happened btw yesterday and today, so i thought that maybe it wasn �t just happening to me...

thanks for everything guys!
take care

26 Jun 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You �re more than welcome. Sorry I couldn �t help. BTW I use googlechrome. I only use mozila when I need to download some video from youtube.

26 Jun 2010