Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Inspiration please!!!    

Inspiration please!!!

viccxx
Greece

Inspiration please!!!

Hi everyone!
I need some inspiration please. I �m preparing a reading worksheet about the top ten greek beaches and i �ve already put in a true false exercise and a which beach...? exercise. Have you gor any more ideas of types of exercises I could add? I want at least two more. I cant put in any gap filling or tittle matching because the text has already been written and i dont want to change it (it took me ages to find the information on each beach). I �m all open to ideas...
Thanks in advance
Vicky

26 Jun 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

well, you could ask your pupils to locate the beaches on a map of Greece...
otherwise, it �s hard to give you ideas since we don �t have the text...
if you want to send it to me by PM, maybe i could help you better!
take care

26 Jun 2010     

mariamit
Greece

you can add a) correct the mistake,   b) find the word in the text that means,  c) multiple choice   answer the questions  or any other open-ended exercises.  I �m not sure what type of text you;ve written so I can �t think of anything else. I hope I �ve helped a little.

Oh, by the way I do hope you �ve included some beaches from MessiniaWink

26 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

the text is too long...It �s two full pages in Word...

26 Jun 2010     

mariamit
Greece

Maybe you should shorten it a bit. Is it one text or smaller texts about each beach?

26 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Thanks mariamit the ideas really help! I dont think there is any beach from messinia in the list but there is Zaharo beach in Ilia and Kalofria beach in Ahaia. I didnt make the list though, in my defense, it is the result of voting in the www.thalassa.gr webpage. I would have put a lot more than one beach from Chalkidiki if i were making it!!!

26 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

It �s not a full text but ten small texts exha about a different beach. I think it got too long because of the accompanying pictures though. It is for advanced level after all.

26 Jun 2010     

mariamit
Greece

I �m just kidding about the beaches in Messinia although Navarino Bay and Sani, Halkidiki haare both included in the top 20 European beaches by timesonline. UK.  Now back to your texts. Make the picture smaller. If you want to PM one of the texts I �ll try to give you some examples of exercises.  

26 Jun 2010     

broncesambar
Argentina

Hi! You can also include hobbies or outdoor activities or any activities suitable for every different beach and ask kids. Where would you go rock climbing? or where would you go surfing? or where would you buy lots of souvenirs? This depends on the characteristics of each beach.

26 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Thanks for the help everybody, your ideas are really helpful not just ofr this worksheet but for others that will follow (already the cogs in my brain are turning...)Lamp

27 Jun 2010