Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > need help: Big books    

need help: Big books

niblumen
Spain

need help: Big books

Hi everybody,
I need your help. I have to talk about the adventages of teaching (Kindergarden) English using Big books. If you use them, could you tell me your experience?
Thanks

27 Jun 2010      

miss.cecilia
Argentina

Big books allow an entire group of children to become involved in the reading process at the same time. They can be powerful motivators for learning.

27 Jun 2010     

niblumen
Spain

Thanks miss.cecilia! Really useful links!

27 Jun 2010     

scampi
Spain

I have also used big books and they are great fun as you can get the children to be the teachers and hold the book and tell the story and they love it.  You can also ask them loads of questions like what �s this colour, animal etc called. 

27 Jun 2010     

niblumen
Spain

I use the big books. Children really like the stories. My problem now is that I have to explain (on thirsday)other teachers why I use these books. My students don�t read, they are 4 years old, so I can�t say that the children can read with me.
I like the size of the books because all children can see the pictures when they are sitting in front of me. I ask questions, later the children make mini books (Brown bear, brown bear drawing different animals..).....
I would like to know more reasons to use these books.

27 Jun 2010