Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > World cup 2010    

World cup 2010

falafel
Tunisia

World cup 2010

GermanyCongratulations for Germany and hard luck for England  .
GOOD LUCK ARGENTINA AND MEXICO               
funscrape.com

27 Jun 2010      

misseleonora
Argentina

Go ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!! Good luck team for today!!!!

27 Jun 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

thanks for your congratulations. What an exciting match !!
I suppose the British tabloids will declare world war III on Germany tomorrow... have you seen the headlines, the warfare metaphors, the comparisons in the last couple of days??

27 Jun 2010     

sarahjane68
Germany

I am a Brit living in Germany but I am so glad Germany won. I read the British tabloids and some of the things they were saying were ridiculous! They made the British team look so strong and powerful, that they would beat Germany, but when push came to shove, England couldn �t deliver. The tabloids were full of hot air! I am no football expert and neither am I a fan, I cannot say which was the better team, but I suppose the end result speaks for itself. Great work Germany!!!!!

27 Jun 2010     

pink4 (Virginia)
Uruguay

GREAT GAME GERMANY!!!     Clap

27 Jun 2010     

lovemykids
Uruguay

GERMANY AND A WARM HUG MY DEAR BRITISH FRIENDS!

27 Jun 2010     

danutz
Germany

I �m so excited!!!! 

27 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Thank you, dear falafel... Star

I was sure that "we" can beat the English team, however, I would never have thought that the match would end with such a score!! The German football team has beaten England a couple of times before, but never this clearly.

What else can I say? I �m very happy for our young team and hope that we will also be able to win the next game, which will be difficult if we have to "meet" Argentina! Wink

Keep watching the last games and enjoy them!! :))))

Best wishes from sunny, warm and victorious Germany - Silke

;))

27 Jun 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I had a look at the first online newspaper articles in Britain and must say, they are surprisingly fair - what a relief!!
In times of football world cups the British press becomes so aggressive towards Germany, uses so much warfare vocab and Nazi comparisons that I �m almost ashamed to teach English in Germany. During the world cup 8 years ago it struck me as particularly bad and I decided never to travel to GB with students again.
Stupid decision, of course, but just to show you how hurtful it was...

27 Jun 2010