Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Problems to upload Power Points    

Problems to upload Power Points

Maurice
Mexico

Problems to upload Power Points

Hi everybody
I am having a lot of problems ( euphemism to say IT HAS BEEN IMPOSSIBLE ! ) uploading Power Points . Is it just me ? My computer ? My Power Points ? Bad luck ? Or have you had recently the same sort of problem. It lasts and lasts... and then it says there was an error ! ( my PPTs are all within the accepted size ! )
Thanks for telling me if you have had this kind of problem !

30 Jun 2010      

juliag
Japan

Hi Maurice,

I �ve had the same problem, too. I can upload smallish powerpoints wtihout any problem, but once they get over 1MB it happens just as you describe. I �ve been trying a couple of times most days for about three weeks, but with no success yet!

But I see powerpoints that are nearly 2MB in the recent contributions every day, so it must be possible.

I �m not sure if it �s a time of day thing (I knw people say there are better and worse times of day for sending things) or what.

But if anyone has an idea, do let us know. I �d be very grateful, too.

30 Jun 2010     

hpmf
Brazil

Hi Maurice.  
It is probable that is because of the size of its power point. It should have been surpassing the demanded size. Divide its work in two or more parts, he is like this lighter, smaller, and you can post it without problems for parts. Hugs H�lia

30 Jun 2010     

Maurice
Mexico

Thanks H�lia,
but one of my PPTs is only 400 KB, so it �s not so heavy !
If there are not so many people having the problem it could be then something to do with my computer !
Thanks anyway ! 

30 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Dear Maurice, I �ve had the same problem as you. Especially yesterday evening, so I eventually gave up. It must be the speed of our internet connection...

30 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

just tried again - no luck

30 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Are you getting any weird message about temp variables like I was getting woth Word and Powerpoint a few weeks ago?

30 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

No, internal server error etc.

30 Jun 2010     

Maurice
Mexico

AT LAST !
I was able to do it this morning ! Why ?    ... Who Knows ? What was happening ? I don �t know either, but the thing is : IT WORKS NOW !
Thanks for your answers and your help !

30 Jun 2010     

AZULBLUE
Mexico

since 2 weeks ago almost everyday i �ve been trying to upload my files, but I can �t please tell me what happen. I want to get more points and dowload some files.

help me !!! I �m desesperated

30 Jun 2010