Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > ADVICE PLEASE    

ADVICE PLEASE

sandrami60
Colombia

ADVICE PLEASE

Hello teachers,

I want to ask you some advice regarding lesson planning. Sometimes I spend a lot of time planning just one lesson. Please help me with some tips to make this activity more efficient.

Thanks a lot for your advice, and for the wonderful ideas and worksheets you share here everyday.

Sandra.

1 Jul 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

I usually use a template when I write a lesson plan. The parts that are always present (for example, objectives) are written and I just check the ones I want instead of always copying them all the time on a blank line.

When it comes for the class activities, I just write simple actions for the role of the students and the role of the teacher. (ex: - asks students to open booklet, p 4) instead of a whole sentence.

One thing that always helps is to have a circle of teachers teaching the same levels. I know that nothing saves me more time than having a colleague sharing her own lesson plans. I meet with my colleagues from other schools about 4 times a schoolyear and we always swap material. Now that �s a timesaver!

1 Jul 2010     

sandrami60
Colombia

Thank you very much!

2 Jul 2010