Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need songs to use with very very young learners    

I need songs to use with very very young learners

Yams
Argentina

I need songs to use with very very young learners

Do you know where I can download songs?  I need material to use with my students, they are between 2 and 4 years old!!!
i would appreciate your help
thanks in advance.... :)

2 Jul 2010      

profepaty12
Brazil

A good option is to go to www.youtube.com and there you type NURSERY RHYMES... it will appear lots of great and easy songs for you to sing with your little kids! I always do that and I �ve learned a lot.... some of them are with the karaoke option, so they can watch the clip and also sing reading the lyrics.... It would be also good if you download the videos using the  �atubecatcher � or other softwares like that, so you would have all the songs with you in a cd or in your pc without needing the internet in classroom! I hope this could help you! Bye!

2 Jul 2010     

Apodo
Australia

Try these sites: There are some titles you can look for on U-Tube and some activities too.

2 Jul 2010     

lisa.weix
Austria

Hi yashion!
I don�t know any sites to download stuff, but there�s a series of CDs that�s just lovely for litttle kids: "wee sing ..." - wee sing children�s songs / wee sing nursery rhymes and lullabies / wee sing animals animals ... see amazon ;o)
Have a lovely day - AND weekend!
Lisa
PS: The "wee" is no spelling mistake on my side ;)

2 Jul 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi Yashion

try these two sites, they are excellent!

good luck

2 Jul 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

lisa, 

�wee � is used in Scotland/Ireland for small or little (as an adjective). It is often used affectionately and presumably here it �s being used humorously as a noun for small children.

( �wee �, of course, has a completely different meaning as a noun south of the border!)

Alex

2 Jul 2010     

Uendi
Switzerland

Yes, you can watch  videos on You Tube and sing along, but you can also use some fantastic printable worksheets such as the ones you can find here:
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/Rhymes.html
Have  fun!

Cristina

2 Jul 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Check your pm
linda

2 Jul 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Here are some I grew up with. The best songs for young learners are those with movements which support the song and help children to remember. Also songs with a lot of repetition.

Old MacDonald had a farm
Here we go round the Mulberry Bush
London Bridges Falling Down
If you �re happy and you know it clap your hands
There were 10 in the bed and the little one said roll over
Head and Shoulders, knees and toes
What do we do with a drunken sailor
Ring around the rosies

2 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello, 
Here �s a linkhttp://www.gardenofsong.com/ scroll to the bottom of that web-page for the tips on how to play the songs. You will probably like this one, too http://englishtips.org/index.php?newsid=1150819841
Take care,
Sophia

2 Jul 2010     

Yams
Argentina

thank you so much for your help!!! you�re awesome!!! :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!

2 Jul 2010