Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > BRAZIL 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

BRAZIL 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aliciapc
Uruguay

It sure is vital, Bruna, and I dare say we should be able to discuss EVERYTHING here - we teach our ss about being tolerant, right ? - but we just can �t . There were really ugly posts here regarding politics, so ... not everyone is capable of or wants peaceful conversation and exchange of opinions ... sad, but true .

3 Jul 2010     

Yams
Argentina

Congrats Uruguay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Argentina!!!!!!!!!
love and peace for all of you!

3 Jul 2010     

Yams
Argentina

Congrats Uruguay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Argentina!!!!!!!!!
love and peace for all of you!

3 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Too sad, dear Alicia! And also, too true, yes.
But it was not my intention to start a political discussion, all I wanted to say was that we have the cafe for light thoughts, posts like GO this and that country. That �s all.

I see them everyday in here, and of course, just for this month, and I �m not pissed or anything. It sure was a light-hearted comment about the cafe purpose, but I admit that my POV regarding the �circus � Brazilians live in is not light-hearted. And I gotta say that @Maria, you speak for yourself when we say people like you and me do nothing. I am very politically aware and I "do" politics everyday in my life, be it in my family lunch, in my college classes or in a community work, to name a few.

And to wrap up my participation on this since it �s friday (lol), all I wanted to say, and I believe others agree, this kind of posts are suitable for the cafe only, this I am sure of.

If political issues are allowed or suitable for the forum, only Victor can tell (and I believe this has been already discussed, right? Though I do not remember the outcome).

Have a happy weekend everyone!
; )

3 Jul 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Same to  you, Bruna !

3 Jul 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

Go GERMAN!!!

3 Jul 2010     

cecio_13
Argentina

GO

3 Jul 2010     

estefy_busso
Argentina

WHO STARTED THIS? CAN YOU SEE? ARE YOU ANGRY BECAUSE BRAZIL LOST? WELL, NOW YOU CAN CHEER FOR "GERMANY", AND YOU MARIA STARTED THIS.

IT �S NOT OUR PROBLEM IF YOU ARE ANGRY, ANNOYED BECOUSE YOUR TEAM LOST, YOU NEED TO BE MORE HUMBLE, YOUR TEAM THOUGHT YOU WERE THE BEST. WHY CAN �T YOU FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF OTHER PEOPLE?

WHEN MEXICO PLAYED VERSUS ARGENTINA, AND MEXICO LOST, OUR MEXICANS COLLEAGUES CONGRATULATED US ANYWAY.

GO ARGENTINA GO!!! I �M PROUD OF YOU, HERE FOOTBALL IS A PASSION, AND, IF WE LOSE, WE SUPPORT THE TEAM.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE TEAMS WHO PASSED, THE ONES WHO COULDN �T PLAYED VERY WELL, YOU LEFT EVERYTHING!

SORRY, BUT I FELT SO BAD WITH THAT COMMENT... :(

3 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Shocked

CAPS LOCK = Yelling (still?!)

Oh Lord... My friday is ruined!!

Beer

3 Jul 2010     

caroay
Spain

I just think this topic should be dropped altogether... it �s not going to lead us anywhere!
I agree with Bruna that it is more appropriate for the cafe....
It �s probably more related to neighboring countries rivalry than we can imagine...
We all know that these topics bring bad feelings... I can understand you may cheer for a team, even if your national team has lost... but not on the forum. 
We are all forgetting something that manonsky said... She didn �t like to see her thread in which she was asking for help pushed off the forum because threads like this take up forum space. That �s why we use the forum, don �t we?

3 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >