Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Absolutely free clipart    

Absolutely free clipart

edrodmedina
United States

Absolutely free clipart

Colleagues... phillipmartin.com has tons of colorful, and attractive free clipart.Phillip offers  free templates that can be used for Powerpoint presentations and worksheets. Checkout his website and let me know what you think. You will be pleasently surprised at the quality of the art and the fact that they are totaly free w/no strings attached. Ed

5 Jul 2010      

dturner
Canada

Thanks Ed.  Many people on this site have been using his cartoons for a long time now.  You can recognize his work on many of the worksheets.  You can follow a thread detailing the use the the author wishes us to follow.  

5 Jul 2010     

zpcamargo
Chile

Thanks a lot!! It �s a wonderful webpage. And the most important, all the cliparts are free.

5 Jul 2010     

savvinka
Russian Federation

Hi,Ed
Thanks for sharing,   these cartoons are funny, but the only thing I don �t like is dark backgroud of the cartoons, they don �t seem alive when I use them. BTW, do you know are any ways to recolour  backgrounds?

5 Jul 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Savvinka - the cliparts don �t have dark backgrounds.
The opening page has a dark background - but those are just links.
See here:
http://animals.phillipmartin.info/animal_swamp_gator.htm

5 Jul 2010     

sara1984
Iran

thanks a lot

5 Jul 2010     

juuty
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing this with us!!

5 Jul 2010     

pascy
France

Thanks very useful

5 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hi everyone,
OK. The clipart is cool, but every image has Martin �s name and his site �s address. So my question: won �t the wss with this clipart be reported as the ones with watermarks or copyright? 

5 Jul 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

No, they aren �t watermarks. I use Phillip �s clipart often and I always state the source. Non of this wss was ever reported.

5 Jul 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello.. Phillip Martin allows anyone to use his clipart as long as it is for non-profit use. His stuff is copyrighted but he does not mind. If you are going to alter it you might want to ask his permission.Olga, as for the black bacground I have never had the problem. If you have that problemthough open up the picture with Paint or a similar program and use the paint can tool to "dump" a color of your choosing for the background. Hope this helps. Ed
PS I apologize if I�m giving info that is already out there, but I�m a newbie and don�t know what resources  people know about here. But I guess, by the response, not everyone knew about Phillip Martin.

5 Jul 2010     

1    2    Next >