Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TOELF or CAE?    

TOELF or CAE?

cyan78
Spain

I think that anyone is the best. I think that the best option is Trinity College London for Graded Examinations in Spoken english and now is becoming very important in the common european framework.

If you want to discuss with me what is better, send me a private email

P.D.- pLEASE, I NEED POINTS, SO, IF YOU DOWNLOAD MY WORKSHEETS I WILL DOWNLOAD YOUR WORKSHEETS

5 Jul 2010     

teachergisele
Brazil

Friend,

If I were you I �d take the Cambrige Exams. Right now I am studying for the CAE and I probably will take the test at the end of the year.Also, take a look at the methodology tests they offer.
I have taken the TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) and it has helped a lot in my career. These exams always improve the curriculum and for us, teachers, it is always good to have them!

Hope it helps!

5 Jul 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Gisele is right, I �ve taken some modules of tkt and that is better for a teacher �s cv. But, you can even get band 4 in tkt exams and it doesn �t mean you �re good at English ... So I �d go for CAE or CPE first... but that �s just me ! Good luck with your decision !

5 Jul 2010     

lshorton99
China

I would also say that there �s a huge difference between CAE and CPE. Only around 30% of those taking CPE pass it because of the nuances in language. I �m a native speaker and I �d have to look some stuff up before teaching!

I �m a big fan of the Cambridge suite and CAe is my favourite to teach. I �ve never taught TOEFL so I couldn �t judge - I have prepared students for Trinity but the value is fairly limited - great for speaking but not a lot else. Cambridge has the benefit of global recognition.

Even if you are at CPE level, I would still recommend doing CAE first. The Cambridge exams are all about 50% level and 50% exam technique. Your students would benefit from you having gained the experience in exam technique and you could do CPE when you feel more confident. I �ve seen good students fail before from lack of technique and weaker students pass because they have it. It �s one of the reasons I enjoy teaching the classes so much - you can really see how you �ve helped your students! Plus the students are normally motivated which really helps!

Whatever you decide - good luck!

Lindsey

5 Jul 2010     

lshorton99
China

Just found this on the Cambridge site

http://www.cambridgeesol.org/testyourenglish/index.php

You do a quick test and it tells you which Cambridge Exam you should take. Very short but might help. I, thankfully, got full marks! I am in the right job1

Lindsey

5 Jul 2010     

Yams
Argentina

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!! Now I have a clearer perspective...
xoxoxoxox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Jul 2010     

teachergisele
Brazil

I truly agree with Lindsey!In the beginning I wanted to take the CPE test and I was told that it should be better taking CAE first.
The point is, the test is very long and the exercises are very unusual.So taking CAE first would help me to get a better idea on what I would have to go through!

I wish you good luck!

Kisses,

Gisele 

6 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2