Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > coursebooks for kids    

coursebooks for kids

dublinschool
Spain

coursebooks for kids

Hi everybody!!

I �d really appreciate your help with this one.... I teach a group of kids, ages 7-8, and we have used Bugs 2 this year. I was thinking of changing book this time, but I�m not sure about whcih one to use..... Chatterbox....Footprints....etc. However, what concerns me the most is which level should I get, since sometimes couresebooks with same level are more "demanding" or too "tough" ... Kids would be doing level 3 if I continue with Bugs....any suggestion?
thanks a lot!!!
jen

6 Jul 2010      

cyan78
Spain

Do you know about Backpack?? It �s from Pearson lONGMAN, OR TRY cool kids froM OXFORD, or something about Mcmillan.... I don �t know, but you could visit their site. Another you can try is Colours from Cambridge

6 Jul 2010     

karolcia213
Poland

I use English Adventure from LONGMAN. It �s very useful and funny coursebook which based on Disney �s characters like Toy Story, Micky Mouse, Lio and Stich etc. My studnets love this book. 

6 Jul 2010     

yolprica
Spain

I like my son �s book; FIND OUT (Macmillan). They learn quite a lot of things and it �s fun. He can remember all the songs with the new structures they learn.
Yolanda

6 Jul 2010     

dublinschool
Spain

thanks!!!

6 Jul 2010     

Errie
Japan

I use � �Up and away in English � � from Oxford. There are six levels and they use the same characters in each level. There are some extra books which you can order, phonics, readers etc.

6 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Take a look at this http://www.oup.com/elt/catalogue/isbn/8430?cc=global it � Family and Friends - a course with 6 levels plus teacher resources, multiROMs, readers, etc.
Sophia

6 Jul 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I used Magic time by Longman together with Word Birds ( Prentis hall) for vocabulary. I think that Magic time is quite demanding.

6 Jul 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

We use the Bright Sparks series, by Macmillan.

6 Jul 2010     

ezeca
Argentina

Hi. I�m quite new in the site, but here I am trying to help. I�ve been teaching English for over 20 years and I�ve tried a lot of books. Among the ones with the best results are BACKPACK (Pearson Longman), I Spy (Oxford). We have adopted the ENGLISH ADVENTURE SERIES a couple of years ago. and we �re doing GREAT!

Regards.

6 Jul 2010