Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Great website with lots of resources    

Great website with lots of resources

MarianaC
Argentina

I �m torn between saying what I think or shutting up... if I say what I think, I �ll be contradicting myself... but I can �t help it...
I don �t see how you question this, Linda. You �re right, sometimes the press just print things without checking. But in this case, he �s been tried and found guilty not by the media but by a jury or a judge. No questions or doubts in my mind.
Alicia, I don �t think it �s a matter of being "open-minded" or not. You can �t hide behind being "open-minded" while you justify horrible things, or you say they are sick or whatever excuse you want to give. Next will be justifying teachers who are, who knows! drug dealers, thieves, murderers... because they need help we should let them practice just in case they get better. Teachers are supposed to be models, and if there is a doubt, then they should be working with children, as they are the base of our future society. This one cannot be called a teacher. I agree he is sick and needs help, but not from me, as I �m not qualified to help him. He needs help from a psychiatrist. And he �s probably getting that anyway.
I just hate it when comments like this are posted to generate debate, for the sake of it, when the original message was only meant to share a website what was thought to be useful. If you have nothing better to do, just go to sleep or get a life, or go to a website where they start discussions about life. Here it �s for teachers who want to improve their teaching practice. I prefer to spend my time improving my work and not posting messages about things we can �t solve anyway... here �s my contradiction, I know... couldn �t help it.

9 Jul 2010     

lovemykids
Uruguay

Linda,

I believe I understood your point, we should not judge people without proof. My point is that I prefer not to use the site and that �s all and, although it wasn�t the question if I respected your point of view or not, I will always feel free to express my feelings as long as I don �t do harm to anyone.

Have a good night �s sleep
Andrea 

9 Jul 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Mariana, exactly my point. I wanted Pachy to know, I think I was trying to do sth useful, not starting a debate (as we can see, there are other members for that !! ... ;-)  No offence, Olinda.
Good night to everyone.

9 Jul 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

As far as continuing to use Sparklebox is concerned, bear in mind that the owner, Daniel (Samuel) Kinge, continues to make money out of it although he �s in prison. It �s supported by advertisements.

If you �re looking for a half-decent alternative, I �d suggest that the Irish site http://www.seomraranga.ie/ is worth a wee visit.

9 Jul 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Being teachers and protectors of and role models for children  - there are no two ways about it.

1  the man was tried and convicted in a court of law, (twice) of being a pedophile.
2. Pedophily is not a sexual preference - it is a perversion and a crime.

As a teacher a woman and mother, I would die of shame before supporting such a person just for sake of clip-art.

L

9 Jul 2010     

Pachy
Spain

Sorry about all this mess!

I didn �t know anything about the creator of this website!

But I wonder why are all his signs still stuck on the walls of the English schools? It sounds a bit hypocritical! They must know everything about this man (now, with all the information you �ve given to me, I have "googled" a bit, and found out that this website has been blocked in lots of places in England, so shouldn �t they take away from the walls all the signs and posters coming from Sparklebox?  Helping somebody (sick, mad, a monster?) to become rich from inside the walls of a school full of children? It doesn �t sound right to me...

Meanwhile, through one of the websites I �ve been searching for information about the Sparklebox creator, somebody recemmended these websites instead.

They seem rather good but do you have any information about them that I should know?

Sorry, once again, I �m not going to support any sort of paedophile, no matter how good his website is.

Thanks for all your information!

9 Jul 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

to learn more click here: it �s an article published by bbc news in January 2010. It explains why this website is not blocked, but more importantly it explains why most schools networks in the UK blocked the teachers � access to this website within their schools.
no matter how useful his documents may be, the fact that he downloaded pictures of children is enough for me: i won �t be using this website!!!
but pachy, don �t feel guilty, if i had come across that website, i would have probably mentionned it here too! no one can blame you for suggesting this website! you meant well, that �s all that matters!
take care!

9 Jul 2010     

stexstme
France

I ...NEVER use that site! Agree with Libertybelle!Approve
I wish Victor put a banner - just like the one about that Turkish site ...
Sylvie
PS : Pachy, no problem!!! Not everyone knows about it! ;o)))

9 Jul 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Good morning everyone, it �s good to know we - almost - all think alike, which is btw completely reasonable ... Thank you for finding alternatives to that site ... - mrspancake is really good ! A big hug to all .

Alicia

9 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2