Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Office 2010.....again    

Office 2010.....again

blunderbuster
Germany

Office 2010.....again

Hi there,

I hope that those of you who already use Office 2010 can help me, again ;o)

I have now found out how to customize the ribbon. I do have one problem, though. I added a quick-start button for adding word art and sometimes a menu opens that lets me chose from a variety of "A"s and sometimes that standard collection of the previous versions opens. Can you tell me why that is? When I open a new document it sometimes happens that I can �t even insert word art, the button doesn´t react to the mouse, blends into the background.

Please help.
Thanks

9 Jul 2010      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I �m not here to answer your question. Just stopped by to say HI! As you know I �m stuck with the office 2003. Exploring new things, huh?Wink
Good luck!
Sophia

9 Jul 2010     

lshorton99
China

Hi Regina

I think the problem you �re referring to is the difference between saving a document was a �word document � and saving it in compatability mode. When you start a new document it automatically allows you the new word features - those special style �A �s. When it �s in compatability mode you only have the features from previous versions of Office which is when you get the standard collection.

I don �t know why you can �t always insert. I �d have to actually be at your computer for that and it �s a bit of a long drive!

Lindsey

10 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi Lindsey,

Thank you for answering. Actually, you are right, when I open a new document it allows me the new features but not the old ones, how can that be? I can�t change the outer shape of word anymore, no circles, no triangles......
Regards

10 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Got it! You were right...compatibility mode.....well, I guess changing from a 10-yearl-old version was too much of a step ;o)

There is the new command "transform."

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Regards

10 Jul 2010