Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > What material should I use?    

What material should I use?

NatManzieri
Brazil

What material should I use?

Hello everyone! I need your help with this one :))

I have a student (24 years old )who is smart and talkative. I �ve already taught him the main verb tenses (s. past, past perf, pres. perf, s. present, futures, and the continuous forms, etc)and the conditionals, passive voice, and some other topics...
We haven �t adopted any books so far (all materials we have used are prepared by me and , of course, i get a lot of material from eslprintables). I feel now it �s time to use a nice book, but i dont know which one. He �s the kind of student who would get easily bored with Interchange, knowhow, or similar. Not that they arent good, but they are a little redundant, i mean, the units are always the same, same exercises, etc.
I would like something more dynamic, and mainly focused on vocabulary...

Could you help me??
Thank you so much. I really need suggestions, I dont have much experience on picking material.. as u can see :))

10 Jul 2010      

GIOVANNI
Canada

If your student is in business try Business Vocabulary in Use Advanced edition or Vocabulary in Use Advanced edition.

10 Jul 2010     

Izadeabreu
Brazil

Hey

Some suggestions:

You can use: English File - Upper Intermediate - (Oxford), Framework 4/5 (Richmond)

Iza

10 Jul 2010     

lshorton99
China

I agree - English File is a great choice. If not, try Cutting Edge. Those are the only higher level coursebooks I like. English File is particularly good for speaking and Cutting Edge is good for vocabulary.

Lindsey

10 Jul 2010     

arielka
Poland

English File or Headway

10 Jul 2010     

yulya_esl
Ukraine

I think you can try Success (Longman)

10 Jul 2010     

NatManzieri
Brazil

Thanks !!

If you have more suggestions, please let me know :))

10 Jul 2010     

cyan78
Spain

Try Language Leader By longman which is really good. There are 5 levels, and you can adapt each level to your student.

11 Jul 2010     

ezeca
Argentina

Hi, I guess you could also have a look at the new series by Pearson Longman called ACTIVATE! In my opinion, it �s excellent.

14 Jul 2010