Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Italian teachers, can I get your advice? ;-)    

Italian teachers, can I get your advice? ;-)

veraviana
Portugal

Italian teachers, can I get your advice? ;-)

Hi everybody!!!

This is specially for Italian teachers because this year I �m going to Rome and Florence with my husband and thee-year-old daughter on holiday and I really would like some tips. ;-)
Is it safe (specially at night)? Where can I eat good food (and cheap)? What can �t I  miss? Which places are not worth visiting? What do you think I should know?
Thanks in advance!
Hugs,
Vera

14 Jul 2010      

mEselF
Italy

Hello veraviana!

Well i �m not from Rome or Florence, but i �ve been to both. Safety shouldn �t be a problem as it is a big city and obviously it depends a lot on where you go and what you do, like any other big metropolitan city. I mean if you go to the suburbs in London/Tokyo/New York you would have issues with safety. I feel as long as you stick to doing normal stuff, you and your family should be just fine :) .. Regarding the food, when you say cheap, how much is �cheap � to you?!

When it comes to visiting places, thats where i �m really bad at giving any suggestions. When i went to rome i visited the popular places, but i �m not a  person who goes to a city just to go around it :) I �m boring, LoL, i usually travel to meet someone or to go for an event. I �m married and i have a 7 year old son, and most of our holidays are away from big cities because i feel that all the big cities are the same. so most of the time we go to small town/villages and sea-side towns. we love camping and prefer being around nature rather than a crowded city :)

I �ll share some links which might help you out

on this link you can choose the type of food/occasion/price

and here some useful info for travellers

-- im sorry i cant give you any first-hand information.

here is one for florence

use the link above to go the main page, then on the left you can choose what to explorev:)

hope this helped!

14 Jul 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Perhaps you could pm some of the members who aren �t here right now but would get the pm assoon as they logged in...

14 Jul 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I am Italian by birth and have been there several times.  I have never had any problems travelling and found Rome and Florence to be safe.
If you are in Florence you shouldl make a point of visiting San Gimignano.  It is about one hour from Florence and is a beautiful medival town.  It is worth visiting and it has the best gelato in the world. I will pm you with more information. 

14 Jul 2010     

veraviana
Portugal

Thanks for your prompy reply!!! I �ll keep all that information in mind. ;-)

15 Jul 2010     

veraviana
Portugal

*prompt

15 Jul 2010