Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CPE preparation    

CPE preparation

aliciapc
Uruguay

CPE preparation

Hello dear colleagues ,
I wonder if you can help me . I �m preparing a group of sts for their prof exam and I �ve come across a book which has the following styles of compositions : article, letter, proposal, report, discursive and summary. When looking for examples of all of them, I found some for each, except for "summary" ... but I do have examples of "reviews", which the book doesn �t name ... is it possible that they are the same style but called differently ? I checked the cambridge site and they don´t name "summaries"...
Thank you for any guidance you can give me !
Alicia 

14 Jul 2010      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Summaries and reviews are not the same though may sound alike. A review is a special type of article written for publication in a magazine, newspaper, etc. giving a brief description and evaluation of a book, film, play, TV programme,etc.
A summary is a condensation of the main ideas in an article or in a section of someone else �s writing.
If you pm me your e-mail address, I can send you a brief explanation of main aspects of summary writing with an example of a summary of a short text.
Take care,
Sophia

14 Jul 2010     

juuty
Netherlands

I don �t know if I �m allowed to name websites here, but when I was preparing for my CPE I found flo-joe very helpfull!!

Good luck!

14 Jul 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Juuty, ha ha ha, yes!!! We are allowed to post the links to websites!
(Have you been intimidated...?)  

14 Jul 2010