Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need ideas for the fisrt day working with new students. (They are 7 and 8 years old)     

I need ideas for the fisrt day working with new students. (They are 7 and 8 years old)

maufon
Costa Rica

I need ideas for the fisrt day working with new students. (They are 7 and 8 years old)

Hi!

I need some ideas for the firt day class with new students. They know each other already, they have been together for the last three years, so, the only new person is me. I would like to make an introduction in which we interact and have fun, but at the same time, I would like to set the rules. in English class.

Do you have any idea of activities, games ...?

20 Jul 2010      

Redbull
Thailand

Hi Maufon,

Why don �t you make up a profile of yourself and that way it gives the students more information on who and what their teacher is like ......
Then you can make the students make up a profile of themselves as a worksheet..!

Good luck :)

Redbull Gives You wings you know  Wink

20 Jul 2010     

maufon
Costa Rica

Thanks dear Redbull!!!

Hahaha that�s free advertisement!!!!

20 Jul 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

I love asking them to say 5 things about themselves, out of which one thing has to be a lie. Then I have the others guess which sentences were lies. It �s really fun and they relax and get to know each other well, and I can assess their knowledge level without some serious test. Since this group knows each other, perhaps you could guess which sentences are lies - you �ll see how much you learn about them as they comment, and from the kind of information they volunteer.

20 Jul 2010     

clau
Argentina

once I took pictures of myself and of important people/things in my life. I put all of them on the board and started telling my sts about me. Young children are extremly curious so they listened attentively. i described my family, likes and dislikes. None of them knew my name so i wrote it on a sheet of paper and covered all the letters except the first one, so they had to try to guess what my name was. It surrised me how much the loved these very simple activities. after all this, they had to say some things about themselves, so that I can get to know them too. Maybe what you can also do is a "competition" to find out who knows more about their friends. hope it �s useful!

20 Jul 2010