Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Reasons for reporting worksheets    

Reasons for reporting worksheets

pirchy
Israel

Reasons for reporting worksheets

Two of my ws have been reported today and I �d like to know the reason. How can I see this?
I �m a member with more than 4000  points and I �m familiar with the rules of the site.
Besides, I �d like to know whether the rules for becoming a moderator have changed as it used to be members with more than 1000 points. I don �t see this option when I open my account.

I �d appreciate your helpConfused

23 Jul 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

It is a copy from 123mega.googlepages.com/TIPSFORWRITINGCOMPOSITIONS.doc

It is a copy from http://teacherweb.com/IS/Begin/Pirchy/1adj=adv.doc

The above was given as an answer.

At least the second one must have been reported by mistake, it seems to be your account on the other platform, right?

The rules regarding moderation changed in February, 5000 points and over sees the reported contributions.

Regards

23 Jul 2010     

meuge
Argentina

I think it is Pirchy �s own worksheet  and site.... am I wrong?

23 Jul 2010     

pirchy
Israel

These pages appear in my own personal website which has the same name - Pirchy. The address appears in my account here.
Thanks for your help!

23 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

People should double check before reporting wss. There are users who contribute to several sites. Sorry for you, pirchyCry
Sophia

23 Jul 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sophia,
we cannot know all the blogs and pages. If someone contributes the same ws to several sites, he/she should acknowledge it in the description. This topic has been here several times.

23 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Ok, sory MJ Misa. I wasn �t here long enough to know that, sorry. But as you can see in blunderbuster�s comment the second address even has pirchy�s username, so I guess, double check is not that difficult in this caseWink And as pirchy said, the address of her website is mentioned hereWink
Sophia

23 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Actually, as it was me who reported those two worksheets, I �d like to say a word. The first one, a -ing and -ed adjetives exercise, I thought I had reported by mistake when I noticed Pirchy �s name on the link, and was going to retract for the mistake, but then I found this link:

http://hschools.haifanet.org.il/ironi_a/hisc/subjects/english/Adjectives/-ed%20and%20-ing%20Adjectives.aspx

Which is the same exercise from the contribution in here and in this link:
http://teacherweb.com/IS/Begin/Pirchy/1adj=adv.doc
Which belongs to Pirchy.

I �d like to point out that you can be certain that there �s nothing personal, of course; and the moderators are reasonable enough to rule over these cases. But unless it can be checked that Pirchy �s exercise is older than the first link, which I can seem to be able to do, it still appears to be a copy.

The second one is an almost entire copy of the given link, so, If it was a mistake, for that I apologize.

Anyways, I still believe it �s our duty to report wss when they appear to be against the rules, and it �s the moderators � "job" (the ones who have taken the "job", at least) to rule over these situations. I was just doing my part to contribute to the original intention of this site.

Best regards,
Bruna.

24 Jul 2010