Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > hi!!!    

hi!!!

cyan78
Spain

hi!!!

hi teachers!!! could you recommend me any good grammar book?

24 Jul 2010      

carinaluc
Argentina

Dear Cyan78

In my opinion the best grammar books are the ones written by Raymond Murphy, published by Cambridge University Press, that is, the English Grammar in Use series.  There are different levels according to your needs.
Hugs
Carina

24 Jul 2010     

abba
Spain

I like the Language Practice series by Heinemann and Grammarway series by Express Publishing. Both have got different levels according to your students needs. The Language Practice series include a Vocabulary section at the end of the book. Hope it helps.
Have a nice weekend.

24 Jul 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I use Practical English Usage by Michael Swan.
(not for my students but for myself)

24 Jul 2010     

xuxutati
Brazil

Take a look at the following books:

Practical English Usage- Michael Swan
Oxford

Cambridge Grammar of English- Ronald Carter and Michael McCarthy
Cambridge

The Advanced Grammar Book- Jocelyn M Steer and Karen A. Carlisi
Thomson-Heinle

I hope you like them!

Regards,

Marianne
www.englishatwork.com.br

24 Jul 2010     

Abdou1980
Morocco

I think 

A Practical

English

Grammar

by

A. J. Thomson

A. V. Martinet

is the best grammar book ever. It just gives u what u need to know about English grammar. each grammar point is supported by simple, clear examples. I am sure u ll love it.

24 Jul 2010     

Abdou1980
Morocco

if you want to use a grammar book with your students, I recommand Grammarway by Jenney Dooley and Virginia Evans. Grammarway is a series of 4 books, written for beginners, pre-intermediate, intermediate and advanced learners. in this book, u ll find good explanation with smart examples+ exercises. most importantly, this book depends on colourful pictures to make the learning process very enjoyable.

24 Jul 2010     

debk2000
United States

Have you heard of the Focus on Grammar series?  It �s published by Pearson-Longman.  I really like this series because it has a very communicative approach.

24 Jul 2010