Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Reinstatement    

Reinstatement

franknbea
United Kingdom

Reinstatement

Good Afternoon All!
I wonder if someone could shed light on a little problem I �m having.
I wrote a poem for reading comprehension but didn �t sign it as mine and didn �t set any student tasks at the end, so naturally it was reported as a copy and withdrawn.
After it was established that it was indeed mine and that I would amend it, it was reinstated (thank you very much indeed), and as promised on the PM I got my points, however the poem was not put back in the recent contributions as stated. I don �t create highly visual WS �s so I don �t expect a lot of downloads but I think that it should get a chance, at least.
Thank you in advance for any help.

26 Jul 2010      

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Hello, Frank

I think there are two ways for you now. You can PM Victor and he will do something about it. Because only he can remove or put worksheets back. But I think it will take some time.

Or you can remove your worksheet and reupload it today and it will appear in tomorrow �s contributions.

I hope it helps a little.

Best wishes,
Larisa

BTW Good night everyone. It is almost quarter to 2 here.

26 Jul 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Thank you Larisa for your kind and prompt response.

26 Jul 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Frank,

Larisa �s advice is good (delete and re-upload) and I �d happily add that I think your worksheets are definitely original and interesting (I �m assuming it �s all your own work). I �ve just downloaded your �weather idioms � ws - mainly because I love rebuses ( �7 sheets to the wind �, yass!) but also because you posted here (I wouldn �t have looked at it otherwise) - but I can �t see many intermediate students working out the meaning from what is, in effect, a �highly visual � and culturally specific worksheet. I �d suggest that you pitch it higher or level it down with more obvious clues.

Your stuff is OK, Frank. Don �t worry about points.

All the best

Alex

26 Jul 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Thanks very much Alex.
I followed your advice and changed the idom ws to advanced.
I �ve seen your avatar here before and always wondered (A Spanish Partick Thistle supporter???) not that there �s anything wrong with that, but it �s a bit like a fellow in Dundee supporting Hercules... But I guess you must be Scottish.
Anyway, thanks again  and "UP the Jags".

26 Jul 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Frank, you �re right: I �m a Glaswegian and a Jags supporter. It �s one of the oldest (though not exactly most successful) teams in world footballing history - but it �s my team, win or lose. The Partick-born comedian, Billy Connolly, once said that people outside Glasgow (who listened to the football results over the radio) assumed that the full name of the team was Partick ThistleNil... 

Mind you, I was pleased to hear recently that my old Maryhill mate and ,now, American chat show host, Craig Ferguson, lists the Thistle as his favourite football team.

Yours in the Jackie Husband Stand with the cold mutton pie and season ticket in tatters at the feet - again.

Alex

26 Jul 2010     

Babs1966
France

Hello Frank ;)
Let me know when it �s on because I �d love to download your poem as I know you are good at writing them too. I love poetry

Best wishes to you,
Babs

27 Jul 2010