Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Borders and Contents of WS Shift on Upload    

Borders and Contents of WS Shift on Upload

tastybrain
Taiwan

Borders and Contents of WS Shift on Upload

Hello there, all. Looking for some friendly advice.

I �ve noticed that when I use borders in MS Word and try to upload my WS that the borders (and everything inside of them) shift to the right making the entire WS look awkward as it displays on the preview. I �m afraid that anyone who downloads it will also have problems, not to mention the fact that it just doesn �t look good.

How can I fix this problem? Are there settings I can alter for the borders which will prevent them from doing this? They appear fine on my computer and in my print previews. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

26 Jul 2010      

Babs1966
France

Hello Tastybrain,

Do you use Microsoft Word or something else ? It could be the problem.
I used to use Write from Open Office.org and all my work changed as I downloaded it too!

I switched back to Miscrosoft Word and everything got back in order.

Let us know ;)

Best thoughts, Babs

27 Jul 2010     

tastybrain
Taiwan

Thanks for the suggestion, Babs, but I do use MS Word. I generally compose my WS in MS Word 2007. I �ve noticed that when files get saved in Compatibility Mode images that were formatted in the newer version often increase the size of the same WS. I �m not sure if that �s the reason why things are shifting or not. I should think not, since even Zailda �s tutorial is done in Word 2007. (Great tutorial btw Zailda!).

27 Jul 2010     

Babs1966
France

Hello tastybrain ;)

I don �t know how to help you better ... Maybe Jayho could,
he seems pretty good at computer ... He is more an EXPERT at it ;)

Have a good day,
Babs

27 Jul 2010