Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > "Am i must do" - What is the best translation for it??    

"Am i must do" - What is the best translation for it??

Zora
Canada

I agree with the others that it�s not correct.

Regards,
Linda

27 Jul 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

My guess is someone typed in their native tongue and hit the �auto translate � icon, the result being a completely messed up sentence...as others have advised you before, forget about it, it �s not some kind of bloggers speech, it �s just bad English.

27 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Actually, as a Brazillian Portuguese speaker, I think I understand what the person intended to say, but it �s a total grammar mess, kind of a "direct translation", not even google does that!!!! LOL LOL

The correct would be:

Isn �t it enough trying to do this the whole day because of you? Now, must I do this on my facebook too? Woooow, you really are my number one!  I love you enough to do that - or - I love you so much that I do that!!

If the person wanted to say that s/he loves this other person because s/he does that, it would be: I love you for doing that. But only the person who "tried" to write that in English would know this.

In Brazil, it �s very commom for people to write stuff
in English on their FB, blogs, and also orkut (still a hit, down here the tropics) without having a clue of what they �re writing or if that �d make sense to an English speaker. It �s just translation word for word.

see you you around, and hope to have helped a little, Marsala.
hugs!
Bruna

27 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2