Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > democracia    

democracia

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

If we just start creating new threads, we will also be pushing off the main page serious threads created by valuable members. So, not an option for me.

I stick to the cell phone!
Wink

Frowning-upon does work, but I hate doing it. I was thinking about a joke or something that could make stds laugh as it makes them realize how disrespectful it is, I mean, towards the teacher and the other stds.
But couldn �t find anything... nor on the internet, nor in my brains!! LOL

28 Jul 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Bruna
Good point. that �s why I asked.
As for the cell phone, why not take along a whoopi cushion or some other kind of noise maker and whenever a cell phone rings you make noise with it. You can go two ways with that.
1- sarcasm- say something like "Oh sorry did I disturb you?"
2- or just plain funny. make the noise and say nothing. After a second or third time they will get the message.

28 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hey, Frank. Loved the idea... I �m afraid I won �t find a whoopi cushion anywhere near, as I had to even search the net to recognize the thing by the name =D
But I really liked the idea of sarcasm with a noise, maybe I �ll get a horn into class!

Tongue

Thanks for the reply!

28 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2