Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > HELP!    

HELP!

josek
Argentina

HELP!

hello dear colleagues!! I need some suggestions: I have to teach a section called PRACTICAL ENGLISH and I am supposed to introced the lessons AT A PARTY and AT A JOB INTERVIEW. Can anybody give some pieces of advice about how to present them and the kinds of material I can use? THANKS!!

30 Jul 2010      

ezeca
Argentina

You can have a look at the "New English File series" This book has a practical English page to work with, at the end of each unit in any of the levels. If you can �t get the book, send me your email address in a private message and I can send you some scanned  pages as regards the topic you need.

Kind regards. Elisabet.

30 Jul 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

If your students are advanced  you could tell the students that they are going to have a dinner party for 12 �guests�.   On a separate piece of paper have them  write down the guest names of famous people and have them give a reason for choosing them. 

You could also do another activity with a party by having your students prepare a party, where it will be, who will go, what kind of party it will be, the time, the place, entertainment etc.  
You could also do a roleplay and dialogue regarding a party.
Regarding job interviews there are quite a few dialogues and job interview questions which you could Google, and use the examples.  If you need any material pm me and I will send you some.

30 Jul 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

I hope you may find something useful here:

http://www.audioenglish.net/english-learning/type_dialogue.htm

30 Jul 2010     

epit
Turkey

Thank you ,dear Anaisabel.It is a useful link

30 Jul 2010