Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Points    

Asyuta
Russian Federation

Hi there,

Two days ago I made online exercises and uploaded them here...but I haven �t got any points yet..Does anybody know why?

Thanks in advance..Smile

31 Jul 2010      

PhilipR
Thailand

It seems to me that you got 20 points for your exercise (average rating 6).

31 Jul 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Philip, tell us how you got this please!

31 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Obviously, I am not Philip. Since he might not know you asked him a question here, I will answer.

Asyuta has 42 points, if you add up all the points she got for ws and subtract the number from her total of 42, you get 20 and on the OE starting page it says:

"The exercises created with this tool will be available for free in the site: www.englishexercises.org. You need no points to use them.
If you make an online exercise, you �ll get points  according to other users � ratings:
- Average rating 5: you will get 10 points
- Average rating 6: you will get 20 points
- Average rating 7: you will get 30 points
- Average rating 8: you will get 50 points
- Average rating 9: you will get 100 points
- Average rating 10: you will get 150 points
- Average rating under 5: the contribution is not approved and will be removed.
"

31 Jul 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Oh so it �s simple maths... I thought there was a secret point counter somewhere! Big smile
Thanks BB!

31 Jul 2010     

Asyuta
Russian Federation

No, fot my first OE I have already got points,but what about my second one?I don �t have any points for thatCry

31 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Because Victor is on vacation and he approves and screenshoots the preview image, I guess. 

31 Jul 2010     

Asyuta
Russian Federation

I really need these points...Unhappy

31 Jul 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

If you uploaded it yesterday, it �s pending approval today and you will receive your points tomorrow. BTW, if you really need points it �s better to create a ws, because not many people check and rate OE, even thought they might be really great.Unhappy

EDIT: I just had a look and yes, your OE is pending approval so you will get the points tomorrow. Please, read the FAQ and the Rules, everything is there.

31 Jul 2010     

Asyuta
Russian Federation

I uploaded these OE three days ago...Confused

31 Jul 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

You might have uploaded them three days ago, but this site works by Spanish time. Maybe that is the problem. If you uploaded the OE about midnight Spanish time, one of them could be in recent contributions yesterday and the others today. Wink

31 Jul 2010