Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I am looking for such texts like this one presented here.    

I am looking for such texts like this one presented here.

Nelssa
Ukraine

I am looking for such texts like this one presented here.

Dear collegues!

I am looking for such  texts like this one presented here. Does anybody have? Or somebody may know some site address! Thank you in advance!

27 Nov 2008      

Nelssa
Ukraine

It is really strange that nobody can help me... Cry How do you teach your pupils to read and speak correctly??!

27 Nov 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi , Nelsa
Ukraine

I think, if you don�t a reply that is maybe because people don�t understand what you�re exactly looking for.
It is not through impolite reaction "How do you teach your pupils to read and speak correctly?" that you�re going to get people help.
So, be patient. Many all of us here are teachers and have tooooooo much other fish to fry than to be at your disposal.
Every teacher has his own way of teaching. We can help each other. We can share ideas and material. However, No teacher can/should be the exact copy of another.
If you�re a teacher you should know this well.
Now if you mean material for teaching word stress and intonation there are plenty of different ways and activities to do so. Then, according to what we can see on the sample you�re presenting, if you master the rules , you can take any short passage and just put the markings where necessary.

Best Regards

27 Nov 2008     

dennismychina
China

Hi Nelsa

I�ve never seen script such as your sample, but a way to cement word intonation in sentences is for the SS to listen to a short passage and then rewrite it showing the stressed words. However for speaking to native English speakers,  syllable stress of two words spelt the same with different meanings is a lot more important. Such as INvalid and inVALID.  (Unless your ss are entering a speech competition of cause)

But stay loose Nelsa, because the teachers in this site are very helpful and if they can they will. So it�s probable that they haven�t seen examples such as yours either.

28 Nov 2008