Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I ´m disappointed!!!    

I ´m disappointed!!!

Asyuta
Russian Federation

Please,don ´t teach me what to do when I first time see a new term.We are all teachers here,and know enough about using dictionary.I haven ´t paid enough attention to "watermarked pictures" in rules,and Believe me,it happens to lots of users here,noOne is saved from mistakes,just try to stand in our positions and understand us,and be polite please..

2 Aug 2010     

Asyuta
Russian Federation

And using internet,Google search,etc,...thaaanks,we know it at all.Smile

2 Aug 2010     

Errie
Japan

It ´s a lot of work and it might sound a bit silly but.....If you wanna clean up this forum then a few moderators should go and check out every single upload. There are loads of wss out there with copyrighted clip art. You would be amazed how many wss have to be removed. And if like Blunderbuster have said there are wss who easily could fit in one file, a lot more will follow.

New members always do their best to stick to the rules and everyone was a newbie at some time. We al make mistakes.
And I agree with Asyuta with the fact that this will happen when new users come here and register themselves. 

2 Aug 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Watermarked images are not only forbidden here - they are forbidden all over the internet.  That is the whole idea with watermarking. Images that are watermarked are not for public use - they are often just examples of what you can buy, if you want to purchase a CD or download with these images.
You can replace the images and then update your worksheet. Write on the board that you have edited your WS so those who have downloaded can also edit.  Often the watermarks are so transparent, that you can ´t see them in the preview window. You can first see them when they are downloaded.

There are ways to compress images so they don ´t fill up so much space. You can do this in a paint program or in Word.  A good thing is to make sure your images are not too big before inserting them.  That saves a lot more space than changing the size within Word.

A little footnote:  Some people have uploaded the Key in a separate WS.  A Key belongs WITH the WS.  and should be uploaded together.
There is a program called Neolite (I think) which is really good at compressing images - try it!

Hope this helps.
L

2 Aug 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Hello everyone,

what  if we had under this rule about watermarks "Worksheets containing watermarked cliparts are not allowed and will be removed from now on. " pictures showing what watermarked clipart is, and those pictures are not allowed and pictures without watermarks, and the remark ´they are allowed �.

Just like we have pictures about what kind of worksheets are allowed or not allowed.

I think this will help  new members and  moderators saving our time and nerves.

Just my humble opinion.
Larisa

2 Aug 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Larisa,

it is written in the rules already, the problem is that people DON ´T READ THE RULES!!! If they did, there wouldn ´t be the same crying all over again.
I totally agree with donapeter, people don ´t pay attention and then they complain. It ´s their and only their problem and I am tired and disappointed by this:o((

2 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

My computer skills have become much, much better since I became a member. I read, looked, listened, learnt. I am glad I had the pressure to do so....back then.

I am still learning, I learnt only last week, when I was preparing a matching activity with real photographs, that a compressed JPG can actually be smaller than a compressed GIF....

Oh the wonders of this world.....

And, making most of my files non-editable (I learnt that here too ;o) keeps people from stealing it (is it even worthy of being stolen?) and puts me under pressure to upload grammatically correct stuff so I don ´t feel ashamed for getting nice comments that, initially, I didn ´t really deserve.

2 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

AND: If you see watermarked pictures in a ws, you should report it from now on.  

2 Aug 2010     

juliag
Japan

I agree with Larisa that it would be helpful for newcomers (and moderators) if there was a picture showing exactly what a watermarked picture looks like in the rules so everyone is clear from the start.

Also with Blunderbuster that my computer skills have really developed since joining the site - one of the many fun things about being here and one of the many things about being here for which I am grateful.

2 Aug 2010     

claudiafer
Argentina

I agree about watermarks because I actually can not distinguish then when getting them on the net. If someone will help about it because as soon as you look for them in the web you can notice what a watermark is, but when downloading images, it is very difficult, at least for me, to notice that.

2 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >