Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Helpppppppp! Writing for the kids!    

Helpppppppp! Writing for the kids!

Sunnykids
Vietnam

Helpppppppp! Writing for the kids!

Could you please give me some ideas for the writing and reading for kids (6-8 years old). They didn �t make progress for quite a long time!Cry

Thanx a bunch!

2 Aug 2010      

edrodmedina
United States

lan.. An easy starter  for students that age is having students draw a picture of something they enjoy doing, swimming, going to the zoo, playing with friends etc. and have them write about that. I sometimes provide a worksheet with a picture (a farm scene, an amusement park, etc.) on the top and lines for writing at the bottom and the students write about being at a farm or park and so on.

2 Aug 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

In case you have access to computer in your English room here �s a very good site for children with 4 initial levels for learning to read with phonics http://www.starfall.com/
Sophia

2 Aug 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I did the following once with my kids.
Each of them chose a carater ( it might be a person or an animal) and then they made small comic strips about the subject we were learning. For instance: My name is yellow cat, I �m 6 years old.... The kids draw (5-6) small pictures and have to write one or two sentences under each picture( the drawing and the sentence must have something to do.)  I worked every new subject this way. You can see the progress, they start writing more each time.
The funny thing is that my students (4) linked their stories. ( Superdog purchased yellow cat) It was great. At the end of the year I made a book out of the stories. Now my students are teens and I have heard recently that they still have their book and are very proud having written it when they were only 7 years old.

2 Aug 2010     

svponce
Argentina

s.lefevre U R GREAT!!!! I wish I had a teacher like u!!! ur idea on writing is AWESOME!!! kisses from Argentina!! Samy

2 Aug 2010     

marta_marta
Poland

Hi!
You can try this stie. You �ll find some nice worksheets in the Extra reading and writing activities section. They are meant to accompany Incredible English course book but may be used successfully without it. You need to register though.

Hope you �ll find it usefull,
Marta

2 Aug 2010     

Sunnykids
Vietnam

I don �t know how to express my appreciation when getting help from you! this site is really awesome for teachers!SmileSmile

3 Aug 2010