Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Some questions     

Some questions

Urpi
Peru

Some questions

Question What is a ferry for? Can anyone tell me? Is it used for long journeys or just to cross from one side of the river to the other side?
Another question: can anyone recommend me  any links about board organization?
My board si usually a mess I �m trying to improve on that.
Thanks to all.

2 Aug 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ferry

Sorry, but I haven �t got an answer to your second question, but I �m sure that you �ll get some useful replies soon. ;))

2 Aug 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Regarding ferry boats.
It differs.
In Scandinavia some of the ferry trips take up to 12-16 hours.
But most ferry boats are for shorter trips.
You �d never take a cruise on a ferry boat.

2 Aug 2010     

Magdalena Ganowska-Sztuba
Poland

Ferry also called ferryboat a vessel for transporting passengers and usually vehicles across a body of water, esp as a regular service. In my opinion it does not matter how big the water is , it is more about whether is �s  got a regular timetable. 

2 Aug 2010     

annaas
Norway

I live in the western part of Norway, and have to take a ferry to cross the Sognefjord. The trip takes 10 minutes, and there are three departures each hour which is often compared to other ferries. The ferry can take about 70 cars.

2 Aug 2010     

JECMPJ
Colombia

Hello I live in Colombia and in the Pacific Zone we have ferries for crossing the Atrato �s river to the other side is very fun and free.

2 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

OK!! Let �s all ferry-takers meet :o)!!! I live by the English Channel, & usually go shopping in London by the ferry!LOL It usually takes 5 to 7 hours to cross - & can be great in ... the SUMMER! ( not telling you about crossing in Winter with 50 kids!)
I agree with Magdelena : It �s a regular service, & it takes cars & coaches.
Nothing to do with a cruise - though! - as Lisa has just said!LOL Esp in my part of the world...
Sorry I cannot help you with the second question ... ( ? )
Sylvie

2 Aug 2010     

marta_marta
Poland

Hi!

Here �s what I �ve found about board organization. I also remember some articles about it in methodology textbooks. Unfortunately, I can �t recall the titles. It could be Scrivener or Harmer.

I hope I would help you.
Marta

EDIT: More links:

3 Aug 2010     

jg574
Argentina

scrivener has a very useeful book called "learning teaching" from Macmillan

3 Aug 2010     

jg574
Argentina

scrivener has a very useeful book called "learning teaching" from Macmillan

3 Aug 2010