Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Joint Project    

Joint Project

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Joint Project

Hello everyone,
I �d like to do a joint project with my ss (any group of ss at the age of 8-13) and a partner class from one of the English speaking countries. "Culture box" is what I have in mind. It �s a British Council connecting classrooms project. You can read the description here http://www.globalgateway.org/default.aspx?page=5537 I �ve tried to establish contact with them but just got the message that the e-mail I used was a working e-mail and they would get back to me soon (well almost 2 months have past since I sent the message). School starts soon and so I decided to try and find a partner myself to establish contact and discuss the details and possible outcome. I think that "Culture Box" is an easy to do and interesting project, but if you have something else in mind, I �m open to hear any ideas as long as you have the desire to participate.
I �d really appreciate any help.
Sophia
P. S. If not from English speaking country then any other country? Confused I guess I�m frustrated to get an English partner class.

3 Aug 2010      

Isabel L
Spain

Hi,
I also tried this site in the past and even succeeded in organizing a project but the site wasn �t very effective. Now I use etwinning, which is a site for virtual projects among European countries. There are many teachers suggesting projects that you can join or you can suggest your own project. It usually works. I �m starting two projects in September (one with a German teacher and one with teachers from nearly every county in Europe) and did one last year (with a British school)and I found it useful and easy. In my experience too, I find that we make a great effort to work with English-speaking countries and sometimes when English is second language for all the students, it is easier for them to communicate. The site is: http://www.etwinning.net/es/pub/index.htm You have to register but it is free.
Good luck
Isabel

3 Aug 2010     

AGUILA
Spain

Isabel, please, check your pm

3 Aug 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello Isabel, thanks so much for the information,
The site looks interesting but it �s in Spanish and I don �t know it. Is there a way to change the language there (you know some websites do have this option)?
Sophia

3 Aug 2010