Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Don ´t you ever get bored with teaching the Present Simple? I do!    

Don ´t you ever get bored with teaching the Present Simple? I do!

marta v
Serbia

Don ´t you ever get bored with teaching the Present Simple? I do!

4 Aug 2010      

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

:) I love teaching Present Simple, it means that my Ss will have more opportunities to express themselves... so whenever I come to Present Simple with my beginner students I am really happy.  Can �t see anything boring in it, just use different materials with different groups, different ways of presentation, even if it �s the same book. 

4 Aug 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

Present Simple is so easy I usually don�t have problems to teach it.

4 Aug 2010     

brazilian boy
Brazil

I love teaching basic grammar..I think it is rewarding.

4 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Actually, no. The present simple is not as easy as it seems, there are too many functions that it has. 

4 Aug 2010     

juliag
Japan

I agree with blunderbuster that it �s actually pretty difficult - I think students find it very hard to get the hang of the third person. Just needs practice, practice and more practice, I guess.

@ Marta_v, if you get bored teaching it, why don �t you try using some of the wonderful powerpoints, board games, online games, songs, conversation cards etc, found here so you can teach it in a different way to which you usually would and spice up your classroom for both you and your students.

I know it takes a while to search the site, but I �m sure you �ll find some great resources if you do!
Good luck and have a nice day.
Julia

4 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I never get bored with teaching ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!! Teaching really is my hobby and - luckily - I �m able to do what I love and I even get paid for it. :))))

4 Aug 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Dear Marta! HowI understand you!! There ARE times when you feel bored about present simple or continuous and even past simple and continuous!!!LOL
I taught for 40 years and although I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED my job, there were times when I felt ever so bored!! However , whenever I did, I wrote a post here just saying: " Please, i have been teaching present simple for many years and suddenly I am bored with it and I don �t know how to do it anymore!!Can you help me please?" And I did find some very nice and great people to give me new ideas and understand my state of mind!

So , feel free to ask what works well for teaching present simple or anything else ,on the forum.
Good luck and I am sure your enthusiasm will be back soon!Smile

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=202683#thetop

4 Aug 2010     

donapeter
Romania

I am bored teaching things that my students do not understand/know in their own language and I am so sure they won �t use them. 

4 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

I think I understand what you mean, but I just haven �t reached that stage yet.

4 Aug 2010     

Jorgelinaac
Argentina

Hi, I have seen worksheets with Disney characters here in which you can practise Present Simple focusing on the fairytales but at the same practising present simple! . If your students are young children, I am sure they will find it really amusing. They are not my worksheets and I do not who they belong to, but you may download them and get inspired again :)

And to make you feel better, although I love teaching, I also feel bored when teaching some subjects that seem my students will never understand! But we have to be patient and keep going because many times when we think our students are not learning, in fact they are, because making mistakes is also a way to learn :)

Best regards,

Jorgelina

4 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >