Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About the book club    

About the book club

baiba
Latvia

About the book club

Morning everyone

I refer to http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=21357

I am so sorry to read that some people don �t seem to like this way of communication we tried out yesterday
(http://titanpad.com/Hgh2qmvk47).
Let me add, it is NOT Baiba �s site! The page was created by Corina and she is the "mother" of this idea.

In defence of this site, I �d say it would be the least complicated of all the possible web pages where you could post your contemplations about books.
But if you don �t agree or like it, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease suggest the way you would like it to be done. Smile

Corina??

5 Aug 2010      

donapeter
Romania

i missed the last night post but i �ve just read it now and I totally like the idea. The chat is great ! 

5 Aug 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Baiba! The idea is great! But I am so silly that I simply could not enter the site! Couldn �t find where to register or log in! Can you help? Thanks

5 Aug 2010     

Nebal
Lebanon

G �d morning dear Baiba,

Well, dear Baiba, it �s not that I didn �t like the way of communication you suggested via that site. But, I thought we �d have kind of our blog " The Readers � Blog" created by Corina where we all belong and where we may suggest additional things to share there together. No, dear, it �s fine with me. The core of this project is to read books and exchange our analysis. No problem at all.
Chatting in that site is fine. Smile

I �m enthusiastic about it all, and can �t wait.

Hugs,
Nebal

5 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Dear Nebal,

You could call the site The Readers � Blog if that �s what you miss. Wink
But if it is a blog (like on Blogger or Wordpress), it would mean that only one person can post on it (the creator), the others can only add comments.

If it is a group collaboration that we need, then we have to choose other type of a website, it may be a wiki or an online notepad like the Titanpad which we tried out.

To make it work like a "decent" discussion club, each contributor will post his/her opinion on the main page and others will be able to add their opinion easily.

The chat function is just an additional bonus, it is not necessary to use it.

Mariethe, the best thing about this site is that you need not register! When you enter the site, the computer immediately gives you a colour (which you can see when you start writing), you just have to add your name (look to the right of the page) so that everyone knows who is "blue" or "yellow".

I can help with technical things but the idea will be developed further by Corina! Where are you Cori?

5 Aug 2010     

Nebal
Lebanon

Ok, Baiba, got you. It �s the name that I miss. Cry Nooooooooooo, please, am not that silly. Please!!! Ok, am with your idea. You convinced me, clever Baiba!!!LOL!!!

5 Aug 2010     

corina2211
Spain

I am here dear Baiba. I have to go to finish preparing my trip but I �ll check in during the afternoon to see how it works. Anyway, I think the idea is great. We should try it at least in the beginning. 
Baiba is right: in order to have a �community � with equal rights, this is better then a blog. However, later on, if we see that it doesn �t work, we can change it for a blog. 
I �ll send the complete intructions by message to all that showed interest in the idea. Fell free to do the same. Smile 
Hugs,
Corina

5 Aug 2010     

corina2211
Spain

I �ve just sent the messages with all the intructions to everybody who had posted a message. However, I �ll post it again below if I forgot anybody or if there are more people interested.
Have a great day and see you later. 
PS: Thanks again Baiba for the idea of the site.
Hugs, 
Corina

Instructions for ESL Book Club:
1. Enter http://titanpad.com/Hgh2qmvk47
2. You don �t have to register but but please introduce your name and choose a colour in the top right-hand corner
3. In the bottom right corner, you can chat with other people who are online
4. You can leave comments and suggestions in the main window. However DO NOT FORGET TO WRITE YOUR NAME AGAIN AND SAVE THE CHANGES (there is a button �Saved Revisions �) in the top right-hand corner.
5. Think of one book that we could discuss and write down any other ideas in the main window of the page.DO NOT FORGET TO WRITE YOUR NAME
6. Let me know if something doesn �t work or if you need further details.
Welcome to ESL Book Club
Hugs,
Corina

PS: The page looks now like the Caf� because we are still trying to see if everybody figures out how it works but as soon as we �re all clear, the right window will be for chit-chat and the main one for �serious � discussion. :))

5 Aug 2010     

juliag
Japan

Only just saw the message, but I �m very interested though also very busy most of the time. Is it possible to join the book club but not read all the books if you don �t have time and only join in the discussions for the ones you do have the time? Or is that being a bit selfish and wanting the best of both worlds?

5 Aug 2010     

corina2211
Spain

Just sent you a PM

5 Aug 2010