Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Words    

Words

Asyuta
Russian Federation

Words

Hi my dear friends,

I have always had a problem concerning vocabulary,how to make students keep words in their mind (words can be from exercises,texts,and vocabulary itself).What system do you follow to...that takes progress during students � learning?

Thanks.
Asya

5 Aug 2010      

marta_marta
Poland

Hi,
Chceck out these links:

Hope you �ll find it useful.

Marta

5 Aug 2010     

Greek Professor
Greece

HELLO...
TAKE A LOOK HERE...

5 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi Asyuta,

I keep hitting them �till they get their brain switched on..Approve

I teach young kids & Special Needs, & their biggest problem is actually to memorize...Sooooooo, I have to use games - a lot! For ex, I write - let �s say - 10 words on the board, & have kind of a (nice ;o) competition :  � Who will be the first to tell us 4 new words? � I give them some time , & then clean my board. They usually have fun, trying to remember more words than their mates.Wink These kids learn by DOING, so it �s better to have them DO something. 
As for the older ones, I never give them lists to learn, but each new chapter focuses on topics : I never teach them �the Present Simple �, but : � I can speak about my routine �.
My lessons are never grammar-based, & all the grammar exercises deal with the same topic. When I introduce the Passive for instance , I usually have them speak/write about films. ( The movie is set... was directed by...etc) ....Just a few examples ;o)
BTW, The English language has more words than French!! ( twice more!)  

5 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Wow, Greek Professor, I didn �t know they had videos, I did my TEFL training there ;o)))))

5 Aug 2010     

Asyuta
Russian Federation

Hi,Sylvie

Yes, it is worth of doing that...make games,competitions,team work..etc,if you have a group of students...but I work with students individual,my chief makes me,it is his programm,which I have follow to..And it �s hard suggest any games in individual lessons...Confusedreally confused,what to use for them..

5 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

I see... Well, it must be really different when you teach just one or two students! I hope people here will be more helpful!! ( My �least - crowded � class has 22 kids... So, games are easy to use..)
Let �s wait for useful tips!
Hugs from rainy France,
Hug

5 Aug 2010     

Asyuta
Russian Federation

Thanks people who tries help meBig smileI really need your helpWink

5 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

BTW, Asyuta, I �ve found another link for templates :
Wink