Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > emotions    

emotions

mahaenglish
Egypt

emotions

Hello, I have to explain a lesson about feelings like (sad, happy ,angry...etc) to grade 1 please Who can tell me how can I start my lesson in a creative and attractive way?

5 Aug 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

You could use the song "If You �re Happy" and then ask them to invent gestures for other feelings and add verses to the song.

5 Aug 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

play charades.. or play the game (i dont recall the name) where u give a word to someone and that person tries to draw it and the others try to guess. this one could be played at the end of the lesson.  

5 Aug 2010     

kodora
Greece

Write the words on the board and then point to each one and  mime the feelings.Then ask them to mime each feeling after you.After you have practiced them several times, call the word and they mime.Then you mime and they say the word.Ask students to come before the class and mime one of the feelings while the rest try to guess how he/she feels.This way you can practice Is he/she......?Yes,he/she is-No,he/she isn �t.The student who makes the right guess is the next to come.
Good luck!
Dora

5 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

svetamarik has very nice and simple flash cards.

;o)

5 Aug 2010     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

You also can practice or drill the new vocabulary by miming some expressions and asking students to do the same.The others just have to guess!!

5 Aug 2010     

mahaenglish
Egypt

really thanks to all of u for caringHeart

5 Aug 2010