Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheets ´ AGE selection!!!    

Worksheets ´ AGE selection!!!

flor-sin-tiempo
Argentina

Worksheets ´ AGE selection!!!

Hello dear teachers!!!
There ´s something I ´d like to aske about the worksheets that puzzles me, specially now that I ´m working with kinder and I search for worksheets for litlle kids...
Every time I want to look for worksheets (any subject) and I select ages raging between 3 to 5 years, in the results appear worksheets that are meant for kids that are able to read already, and I see that the teacher who uploaded it selected "Age: 3-100".
When we upload our worksheets, shouldn ´t we be MORE ACCURATE about the ages of the students the worksheets are meant for????
Perhaps I ´m wrong and I know I ´m quite new to this site (I ´ve registered last year), but this is something that has been bothering for some time...
Have a great weekend!!!
Flor

6 Aug 2010      

Apodo
Australia

The level of the worksheet (beginner, intermediate, advanced) is a better guide for me. The level of a student ´s English isn ´t really dependant on age. 
I have adult beginners, so I choose from any age as long as the ws isn ´t too babyish. If the ws is about animals for example, it could be suitable for a wide range of ages.
I agree that 3 to 100 is a bit extreme!!

7 Aug 2010