Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for a specific word    

Looking for a specific word

andreaewa
Uruguay

Looking for a specific word

How would you call a person in charge of organizing games and activities and who usually works at Summer camps or schools?
In Spanish is Animador.
Thanks for your help!!

7 Aug 2010      

Friedfam
Israel

The staff who runs programs is called a counsellor. The head councellor is usually called the Program Director. Hope this helps.

7 Aug 2010     

andreaewa
Uruguay

Thanks friedfam but I think that the counsellor is a person in charge of the giving support and advice. The job I am describing needs an energetic person who is always  organizing group activities and games, it �s a job related with recreation

7 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Could it be an entertainment organiser or an activities organiser? I �m pretty sure that these words are used in British English, however, I don �t know any American expressions for such a person...

7 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Even though they give support and advice. At summer camp it is the councellors who organize and run all the activities.
Or rather, a person who works at a Summer Camp is known as a councellor.
In traditional British holiday camps like Butlins the councellors are called �red coats � and they run everything from egg and spoon races to swim �a �thons.
There are entertainments organizers but they usually only get involved in the booking of star attractions at the camps.

I hope this helps

7 Aug 2010     

tresreinas
Argentina

What about group leaders, camp organisers or instructors??? All these words appear in one of the books I use with my teen students in connection to people working at a summer camp.(Energy 3 Longman)

8 Aug 2010