Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help me with a sentence    

Help me with a sentence

brahmam
India

Help me with a sentence

Can someone help me with a sentence, please?

The following is a paragraph from an article on �grooming � written by Desmond Morris. Can you explain the last sentence, "The poet paralelled the painter."?

I am lost!

A third form of verbalization is exploratory talking. This is talking for talking�s sake, aesthetic talking, or, if you like, play talking. Just as that other form of information�transmission, picture-making, became used as a medium for aesthetic exploration, so did talking. The poet paralleled the painter.

9 Aug 2010      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

the painter paints pictures, the  poet with his words has painted pictures in our mind so he has = the painter

9 Aug 2010     

brahmam
India

Thank you very much. i have already sent a pm.

9 Aug 2010     

Babs1966
France

This sentence expresses exactly what I feel about writting ... to me, writting is like painting.

Poets and painters are side by side but they can become one if they do both ;)

I �ve written a poem about that but it �s in french, it �s called "Activit� Cr�ative"

9 Aug 2010