Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > downloading powerpoints    

downloading powerpoints

qastal
Palestine

downloading powerpoints

Hi, I have a  problem in downloading my powerpoints.

27 Nov 2008      

Damielle
Argentina

downloading or uploading?

27 Nov 2008     

Snow- white
Macedonia

Me too.What�s going on?

27 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi frustrated ones.

Sometimes I find that it there is something wrong with my word or PPT file and this site just keeps going to html error page.

I took a screen shot of my printable then pasted it into word and sent it no problems - that was after abotu an hour of trying to get the original up.

So I suggest that if it isn�t working after several attempts then change the worksheet or powerpoint a bit. 

I think it is something to do with the pictures or the set out.  I have to convert all my files to the appropriate version of word - maybe even that has something to do with it.

Make changes, persevere. good luck...

Remember that if first you don�t suceed, try, try, try another way - thinking outside the square can do wonders...

27 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Thank you for the tip Vickiii..

About Garfield: this is me on the scale!!!!! hehe

27 Nov 2008     

Shaba
Maldives

What version of office are you using? Sometimes if it is later versions than 2003 that happens.
Is the file size ok? If it is more than 500kb cannot upload. Try breaking it up if this happens. make it into 2 or 3.
Or try pasting on new templates and then uploading.

27 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I have the lastest version which I think is causing the problems...

NM - i will survive...

27 Nov 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Hi everyone!

Office 2007 has a particular default setting for its files. I think for word it may be ".docx" (I can�t remember exactly & I�m about to head off to work, so can�t check my resources - I have Office 2003). It wouldn�t surprise me if there is something similar with Powerpoint.

If you "Save as" you should get an option on the drop down list for earlier versions of Office. It might be worth a try.

This link may help a little:
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/msoffice/?p=135

Cheers,
Bryce

28 Nov 2008