Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Silent movies to 3D    

Silent movies to 3D

Greek Professor
Greece

Silent movies to 3D

Greetings from HOT greece....Hope you are all well...

I need your help again...Do know  any sites on silent movies to 3D..I mean things like vocabulary...basically anything for speaking on the particular subject...

Thanks in advance

Greek Professor

11 Aug 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Not sure I get what you need, but you can just google movie history and get things like this...
Depending on the level you �re teaching - if you teach very advanced sts, movie reviews are your best bet, because they have so much difficult movie vocabulary that sometimes it �s even superfluous, like showing off. If you teach elementary or intermediate sts, then basic vocab such as crew, cast, screenplay, director, shot, camera, focus, lighting, etc. can be takes from any movie credits or a site like this...
I hope some of this helps...

11 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi Prof.
The magazine has quite a few articles on the history of cinema. You may have to search through back issues.

Hope this helps

11 Aug 2010     

Greek Professor
Greece

THANKS ALOT GUYS....GRATEFUL I AM....

11 Aug 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi GP

I just did something on 3D TV using this video clip, Teachers_Pack (scroll down to episode 16, 15th June) and this article to accompany it.  I found a picture history of 3D cinema and TV here that I referred my students to.

If you�re after general discussion q�s take a look here, here, here and here .

Cheers

Jayho

12 Aug 2010