Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Listening Practice    

Listening Practice

agostine_
Brazil

Listening Practice

Hi dear friends!

I was invited to give a lecture to some English students in a university and I want to talk about LCP (Listening Comprehension Practice). Can you help me? Whatever you have will be useful! It can be website links or books with theory, explanation or exercises.

Thanks in advance!

Hugs:)

Agostine

11 Aug 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Do you want to talk about teaching methods or the effects of listening practice? You might choose a single listening clip, which can be anything from a song to an actual recording on a coursebook cd and talk about different ways of how to use it, although it �s most effective to actually demonstrate, because that way they remember it better (play the clip and have them look for specific words, have them look for specific info, have them finish a fill-in task while listening, have them unjuble cut-outs of transcript while listening, stop the recording and have them guess the next word/phrase, provide a version of transcript with slight differences from the clip and have them look for these differences......). Afterwards you might dicsuss with them which of the �games � you practised with them do they think help in passively understanding language, and which promote active learning and vocabulary expansion...

11 Aug 2010     

agostine_
Brazil

I thought about both - methods and practice.

Thank you for helping! :)

12 Aug 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

No problem. Both sounds good - only theory without practice is boring and can be ineffective, whereas only practice without theory seems unprofessional. Hope you find your �voice �. Best of luck

12 Aug 2010