Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Literature for 16 to 18 year olds?    

Literature for 16 to 18 year olds?

haydav
United Kingdom

Literature for 16 to 18 year olds?

Dear friends, I have been given the job of teaching literature ( I think they mean reading!) to 16 to 18yr olds, any pointers would be wonderful! (in the past I have taught 6 to 12 yr olds) MANY THANKS

12 Aug 2010      

a isabel
Portugal

Hi Hayday,

I have used "Whose face do you see" - a short story by Melvin Burgess and my pupils  read it so quickly that I couldn�t believe.  Our pupils in general hate reading but after arousing their curiosity with the prereading activities suggested in the link below, you �ll see what happens.  I also used other activities for "while-reading" and after-reading, that you also can find in the link below.

http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/try/britlit/whose-face-do-you-see

Good luck!
A Isabel

12 Aug 2010     

a isabel
Portugal

Hi Hayday,

I have used "Whose face do you see" - a short story by Melvin Burgess and my pupils  read it so quickly that I couldn�t believe.  Our pupils in general hate reading but after arousing their curiosity with the prereading activities suggested in the link below, you �ll see what happens.  I also used other activities for "while-reading" and after-reading, that you also can find in the link below.

http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/try/britlit/whose-face-do-you-see

Good luck!
A Isabel

12 Aug 2010     

meuge
Argentina

Hi Isabel...
I was curious about that story and I have just finished reading it... I tell you I dropped one or two tears... It �s a beautiful short story... Now I know why your students read it so quickly... it is worth trying it... I will use it with my students, that �s for sure...
Thank you for sharing it...

M. Eugenia

13 Aug 2010